Welcome to Alentejo
The famous land of Bajas is also a fascinating region for cultural tourism, with beautiful landscapes, rich architectural heritage, diverse ethnographic legacies and exceptional cuisine and wines.
While the riders explore Alentejo offroad, you can enjoy comfortable holidays on a private tour through the historic villages of Alentejo.
Visit the producers of wine, cheese, coffee or olive oil, meet the artisans making pottery, tapestry and embroidery, and get to know the picturesque villages with its local museums and traditional restaurants.
Alentejo Promotion Office video
The heritage of arts & crafts
The Alentejo has a rich heritage of arts and crafts, with skills and traditions handed down through the ages by successive generations. We offer you a 5 day tour through small villages, visiting shops and ateliers of local artisans working with natural resources, where each location has become renowned for a specific craft. In Nisa, walk around town entering the old shops that showcase the delicate embroidery on traditional shawls and and the red clay pottery decorated with small stones. In Portalegre, visit a museum of the exquisite large size tapestries. In Estremoz get to know the colourful clay figurines, and in Redondo the modern design approach to the traditional cookware and tableware ceramics.
From farm to table
Alentejo’s people traditionally live off agriculture. The region is mostly made of vast farmlands dedicated to the production of different delicacies, all contributing to a very rich gastronomic culture.
In Nisa we visit the artisanal cheese makers, still making a semi-hard cured sheep cheese by hand – considered to be one of the best in the world! Near Marvão, in the mountains, we visit an old olive oil farm, learn about the whole process, from olive tree, through press, to bottle, and, of course, have a taste of the freshly made product. To fully understand the variety of wine cultures and flavours, in two different days, we visit a large vineyards estate owned by an old wine producing family and the contrasting industrialised cooperative wine cellar that services many small producers.
Each day, we make our lunch stops in the rustic white wash villages and historical towns, tasting the local flavours in authentic traditional eateries, through three course meals, like Portuguese do.
The Alentejo cuisine is heart-warming and full of flavours, with black or green olives, cured cheeses, bread stews (Açorda), local meats and fish all playing leading roles. To accompany your meal, rich, crusty bread with olive oil, a large choice of wines produced in these lands, and to close it off, pastries and sweets created in monasteries and convents centuries ago and produced respectfully with the exact same recipes.
4 star hotel & Spa & bivouac
Our home for the week is in Alpalhão, at a 4 star Hotel & Spa, with outdoor and indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and all the comforts for you to enjoy a relaxed holiday. And we are going to make full use of the Spa starting off day 1 with a relaxed morning of massages so you can let all the tension behind you and easy into the vacations.
Breakfast and dinner will always be served at the hotel’s restaurant – riders and non-riders together. And of course, we’ll also have the Motoduro bivouac setup with a lounge, bar, music and fire pits for you to enjoy the evenings with good friends and lot’s of laughs bragging about extraordinary driving skills.
We actually have the whole hotel for ourselves, our private little piece of Alentejo!
- 21-27 November
Price in shared bedroom:
- Early bird – until July 15th: 2160€
- Normal price: 2400€
What to expect:
- Take a 7 day holiday in the Alentejo, Portugal, along side your fellow riders.
- You fly to Lisbon airport where we pick up everyone in a big bus and leave for the countryside. Two hours later you will be chilling at the pool of Monte Filipe Hotel & Spa with a drink in your hand.
- During 5 days you’ll go on private tours with a Motoduro local guide through the Alentejo region – in english.
- The tours will be in nearby villages up to an hour’s drive in a comfortable private van. Your private guide will be with you the whole time, driving you and organising all the visitations and meals.
- In the month of November, temperatures are mild with an average of 14º maximum and 8º minimum – pack for midseason and include bathing suits for the Spa.
- 6 nights at a 4* Hotel & Spa
- Full use of the swimming pools, jacuzzi and sauna
- Breakfast and dinner everyday at the hotel
- 5 lunch meals during the tours, at local restaurants
- 5 days tour with private guide – in english
What’s not included:
- Translation and interpretation in dutch is not available
- All drinks during meals and breaks are excluded, except for planed degustation during the tours
- On arrival day, meals other than dinner are excluded and on departure day, meals other than breakfast are excluded as well
- Spa treatments, like massages, not specified in the program
1 person in a shared bedroom
• Early bird – until August 15th: 2160 euro
• Normal price: 2400 euro
Price for 5 tour days, 6 nights, full board, without flights, all taxes included.
Early bird discount is only valid for payments made up to August 15th.
Subscription and payment
Subscriptions through our form.
Payment must be made within 7 days of submitting the subscription.
- IBAN: PT50 0269 0107 0020 0071 2165 0
- BIC: BKBKTPL
- Description: full name and event title
Do you have questions about the price or reservation of this trip? Do not hesitate to contact us.
Day 0 – Monday
- Flight to Lisbon
- Bus trip to Alentejo
- Dinner and lounge
Day 1 – Tuesday: Spa and cheese
- Spa morning
- Lunch in Nisa, visit of the town and local artisan shops and museums
- Visit to a Nisa cheese maker
Day 2 – Wednesday: Tapestry and wine
- Visit Alpalhão
- Lunch in Portalegre and visit the tapestry museum
- Visit to a vineyard and wine tasting
Day 3 – Thursday: Mountains and olive oil
- Visit Castelo de Vide and Portagem
- Lunch in Marvão, visit the village and local shops
- Visit to an olive oil mill and tasting
Day 4 – Friday: Coffee and wine
- Visit to a coffee factory and museum
- Lunch in Elvas and visit the town
- Visit to a cooperative wine cellar and tasting
Day 5 – Saturday: Markets, pots and stones
- Visit to a street market of produce and crafts
- Lunch in Estremoz and visit to the local artisan shops
- Visit to Redondo and it’s pottery shops
- Visit to Vila Viçosa village
Day 6 – Sunday
- Free morning
- Bus trip to Lisbon
- Flight back home
Due to the nature of event organising, changes may occur in the travel schedule.
Reasons beyond our control, such as weather, changes in legislation, foreclosures, delays and others may imply the postponement or cancelation of an activity. However, when possible, we will provide alternatives similar to the initial plan.
Your guide for this trip will be Rita, co-owner of Motoduro, Portuguese born and self-identified geek that loves to learn all about everything. She will guide you through the history and stories of Alentejo, driving you around one of her favourite regions of Portugal and showing you its hidden gems.
The Motoduro tours and the guided visits to museums and other places of interested will all be conducted in english.
We will drive around in a large passenger van, all in one group.